Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day...wheh, glad that's over!!!

For Mother's Day I was treated at a nice and relaxing day at the spa in Hawaii. The island was beautiful as well as the person who brought me my cool, fruity drink.

I know, you are not convinced....lol. Oh well, maybe next year I will be the recipient of that kind of 5 star treatment. :)

This year, I woke up on Mother's Day as a Momma of six kids, instead of five.

What, you may be asking?? China? Vietnam? Uganda? Suprise pregnancy? Fast adoption? Nope, on all accounts.

I have another daughter, in fact I cannot remember a day that she hasn't called me "Mom" since the day I met her.

Our newest edition is a 17 year old girl, Amber. She is a junior in high school and is oh so sweet.

Recently, due to some unique circumstances, Amber found herself without a home and in desperate need of one.

Well, we are nowhere close to organized or non-chaotic at the Rockhold farm, but we always have room for one more. So, for now, our house is where she calls home.

So, six children, all different shades and colors of beautiful, look to me for guidance......ScArY thought HUH!
I told Bill that I was amazed at the fact that orphans are found all over the world, not just in foreign countries, but in the USA too, sometimes, as little as 8 miles away.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you rock, my Mother's Day was awesooooome as well. No, no 5 star treatment for me, but I don't think I could trade my homemade gifts and breakfast in bed that I been getting for the last 7 years for something as fancy as that. It is one of the perks I actually look forward to and the thought that it almost didn't happen for me this year just about sent me to the funny farm. LOL. I love being a Mommy. I just love it. TC... :)

    ReplyDelete